It’s Been A While…

Hello

Hope you are all having a good start to the year! It’s certainly been a while since my last blog post as I’ve been pretty busy with work since then.

Continue reading “It’s Been A While…”

GDI Power Plant – It’s Finished!

Hi all,

I can’t believe it’s been a month since my last post but I meant to post this weeks ago but alas I’ve been busy! I’ve decided to revamp my “brand” so there is now some new “branding” on my screenshots. This project took me longer than expected and there could be more done to it in several places but I wanted to move onto a new project. I am happy enough with the current state of it to call it “finished”.

Continue reading “GDI Power Plant – It’s Finished!”

GDI Power Plant Update 7 – Texturing 2

GDI Power Plant - Texturing WIP - Substance Designer Screenshot
GDI Power Plant – Texturing WIP inside of Substance Designer

Hello again! (This is a backdated post, another one which has the finished asset will follow soon πŸ™‚ )

Sorry for the wait but this project has taken a LOT longer than I expected due to various reasons. One of them is workflow and rest…I might elaborate in a later post πŸ™‚

Continue reading “GDI Power Plant Update 7 – Texturing 2”

GDI Power Plant Update 6 – Texturing

GDI Power Plant - Texturing WIP - Substance Designer Screenshot
GDI Power Plant – Texturing WIP inside of Substance Designer

As you can see already…the graph is starting get a bit complex but it when you look at it closely, you will be able to see that everything is driven by just a few textures/masks.

It’s still early days but I’m hoping to make great progress on this very soon!

GDI Power Plant Update 5

GDI Power Plant - Low Poly vs High Poly
GDI Power Plant – Low Poly vs High Poly

I’m currently texturing this asset at the moment but here is my low poly model with the normal map (baked in Substance Designer) applied vs my original high poly model I did.

I must admit that I’m fairly pleased with how the bake turned out. There are still small issues with it but for this project, I’m going to carry on with it!

This was rendered out in Marmoset Toolbag 2 as well (got the trial at home) and it’s great that it has Substance (.sbar) support!

GDI Power Plant Update 1

GDI Power Plant WIP - High Poly Turbine
GDI Power Plant WIP – High Poly Turbine

There will be a couple of quick updates over the next day or two and this is the first one!

Finished modelling one of the turbines (which will be instanced over). These high poly models will be used when I make my normal maps.